Learning Progression Geometry

Here is a link to my learning progression, as always is a work in progress. Learning Progression LNunez
Geometry assessment Coordinate proof quadrilaterals
Example problem benchmark

This learning progression would be best used if I included it in the units that we already have. It would not replace any of the other standards, it would just complement the unit. I already sent an email to the math department showing them the learning progression and is already on the agenda to discuss and change if necessary to fit our curriculum.

3 thoughts on “Learning Progression Geometry

1. Good learning progression and I like the idea that you chose an area that the students have difficulty understanding. In the learning progression, after the preq. knowledge and skills, explain how you will use the activities and teaching points that you outlined.

Your benchmark assessment items are written well and cover the main ideas of the CCSS Math, but you need to include the scoring criteria that you would use to identify the students in one of the four catagories outlined by SMARTER Balance.

2. I liked that you included application problems in your learning progression. Also, I think reviewing slopes and distance formulas before you start the new material was a really good idea.

In your benchmark, I liked that your questions went from basic to more advanced.

One thing I would add in your learning progression is a focus on proof. You included it in your benchmark, but I think it would be helpful to discuss it in class as well.

3. Thanks, I would make sure that I included in my learning progression. I was probably thinking that they already started with proofs in the similar triangles unit. But as always they need to be reviewed all the time.